A Network engineer must be a confident communicator and possess excellent attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills. That is what we train you to become.
Network engineers are responsible for implementing, maintaining, supporting, developing and, in some cases, designing communication networks within an organisation or between organisations.
Training in cyber security is particularly critical for network security and information technology programs. Courses train students to be able to prevent access from, recognize and track down hackers.
Through these different programs, students learn how to identify security issues and protect information as well as track down those who steal that data. Because cyber security is necessary for security and so many other fields, there are several types of programs available that vary in scope and focus.
Their goal is to ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure to provide maximum performance for their users.
uniYAT is the only school that truly gives 85% practical hands-on training, preparing you to acquire a topnotch skillset.
Other job titles used to refer to this kind of work include:
- support/security/systems engineer;
- IT/systems support engineer;
- network administrator;
- first/second-line support;
- network architect;
- VoIP/Cisco engineer.
Other Advanced skill to be learned in Cyber Security Include
Technical report writing
Cyberlaw and ethics
What You Can Do
In this program, you will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to prepare you for positions such as:
- Network administrators or technicians for local, regional, and state agencies, financial institutions, businesses, telecommunication companies, banks, media houses, and corporations,
What You Will Earn
- A competitive yearly starting salary ranging from GHS38,000 to GHS53,000 per annum
- If combined with the Cisco Certified Network Associate certificate, a competitive starting salary ranging from GHS39,000 to GHS60,000
What You Will Learn
Upon completing your practical program, you will have developed the following knowledge and skills:
The Program Graduate Competencies listed below identify the major learning goals related to your specific program of study and identify the knowledge and skills you will have when you graduate to be successful in your chosen field.
- Apply techniques, skills, and usage of modern tools of a computer network engineering technician.
- Apply analysis tools and problem-solving methods learned in the simple mathematics, computer, and electrical/electronic courses to troubleshoot network problems and analyze experiments.
- Diagnose and resolve network issues.
- Install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot network services for file access and storage, web-content hosting, network communications, network gateways and proxies, and security services on networking servers.
- Design, install, configure, and operate wide area networks (WAN) and local area networks (LAN).
- Explain the functions and the workings of common communications protocols and how such protocols are developed by standards organizations.
Certifications were once the end game for any individual seeking employment in I.T career fields. Today, certifications are simply part of the game in general. In practical courses, certifications such as Certified Practical I.T. Professional (CPIP) under CBT Professional are ways to demonstrate practical competence, a commitment to the profession, increase professional credibility, and improve employment marketability.
|Sessions||Weekdays, 8 credit hours (Monday to Thursday) 2hrs daily||Weekends, 8 credit hours (Saturdays and Sundays)
|Morning Session 1||8am to 10am||8am to 12 noon|
|Morning Session 2||10am to 12 noon||——|
|Afternoon Session||——||2pm to 6pm|
|Evening Session||5:30pm to 7:30||——|
- Level two (2) is currently GHS 1100
- Level three (3) is currently GHS 1100
- Yes! Hostel facility available
- Hostel fees paid separately
- Obey all hostel rules and regulations
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. There are no required materials to purchase before taking the class. In order to fully benefit from this course, though, you do need access to a personal laptop.
General Admission Requirement
- Must be able to read and write
- Focused and willing to make a change
- Must have passion for computers
- Willing to work in an office setting for long hours
- No computer knowledge is required (We will train you)
Each lesson will include a lesson review project(exam) along with an assignment. Students will successfully complete this course with 50% or better.
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area
No books will be required
Curriculum is empty