uniYAT is the only school that truly gives 85% practical hands-on training, preparing you to acquire a topnotch skillset in computer repairs and phone techician.
Other job titles used to refer to this kind of work include:
- Hardware technician;
- Computer and phone repairs expert;
- Hardware assembling technician;
- IT/systems support engineer;
- Industrial technical support;
What You Will Earn
- A competitive yearly starting salary ranging from GHS38,000 to GHS53,000 per annum
What You Will Learn
After completing the Computer Hardware and Repair program, students will be able to:
- Explain how to use and apply standard tools and essential electrical/electronic theory to service computer hardware in a manner that is safe for both the device and the technician.
- Identify the primary hardware components of a personal computer and describe the connection devices—both internal and external to the CPU—that integrate the components and allow for the proper function of the computer and its peripherals.
- Describe the methods by which personal computers connect and communicate with networks and Internet-based communication systems, both within and external to private user and business systems.
- Identify the many types of data storage devices used in personal computer technology, both for primary and secondary storage purposes, and determine the best methods and specifications for the application of memory based on user need.
- Identify and describe common problems that cause personal computers to malfunction or to function below optimum performance levels and determine the repair solutions that will allow the restoration of proper operating conditions and maintenance techniques that will maintain those conditions.
- Identify and describe the critical user and administrator functions and commands of Windows operating systems.
- Interpret a variety of user service requests; choose effective corrective actions that resolve the user’s issues, and communicate those actions appropriately to the user.
- Select both Windows-based administrative tools and utilities and third-party solutions to effectively troubleshoot and correct common operating system malfunctions and as part of a regular maintenance routine to maintain peak system performance levels.
- Identify and explain the processes and commands used to connect personal computers to various networks and Internet systems.
- Identify common viruses, malware, and other security threats and choose appropriate courses of action to prevent such attacks and remove threats that have already accessed a computer or computer network.
Certifications were once the end game for any individual seeking employment in I.T career fields. Today, certifications are simply part of the game in general. In practical courses, certifications such as Certified Practical I.T. Professional (CPIP) under CBT Professional are ways to demonstrate practical competence, a commitment to the profession, increase professional credibility, and improve employment marketability.
|Sessions||Weekdays, 8 credit hours (Monday to Thursday) 2hrs daily||Weekends, 8 credit hours (Saturdays and Sundays)
|Morning Session 1||8am to 10am||8am to 12 noon|
|Morning Session 2||10am to 12 noon||——|
|Afternoon Session||——||2pm to 6pm|
|Evening Session||5:30pm to 7:30||——|
- Level two (2) is currently GHS 1100
- Level three (3) is currently GHS 1100
- Yes! Hostel facility available
- Hostel fees paid separately
- Obey all hostel rules and regulations
All course material will be provided in the lessons and netlinks. There are no required materials to purchase before taking the class. In order to fully benefit from this course, though, you do need access to a personal laptop.
General Admission Requirement
- Must be able to read and write
- Focused and willing to make a change
- Must have passion for computers
- Willing to work in an office setting for long hours
- No computer knowledge is required (We will train you)
Each lesson will include a lesson review project(exam) along with an assignment. Students will successfully complete this course with 50% or better.
This course will not require you to have previous experience in any particular area
No books will be required
Curriculum is empty