Cisco CCNA Certification demonstrates competence as a Network Professional.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification validates your ability to install, configure, operate and troubleshoot routed & switched networks. CCNA certified professionals can make connections to remote sites via a wide area network (WAN), mitigate basic network security threats, and understand fundamental networking concepts and terminology.
CCNA certification is Cisco’s most popular certification, and one of the tech industry’s most sought-after career credentials. Becoming CCNA certified is a distinctive first step toward a rewarding career as a network administrator or engineer. There are numerous Cisco training programs and specialized college degrees featuring course work in Cisco networking.
Skills Measured by CCNA Certification
Key knowledge areas and skill sets covered by the Cisco CCNA certification exam include the following. Cisco Certified Network Associates can:
- Understand how different network topologies interact to form a secure IT network
- Explain how a computer network works and how it interacts with networked devices
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLAN & interswitch communications
- Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet specific network requirements
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot routing and router operations on current Cisco devices
- Identify network security threats and describe threat mitigation methods & countermeasures
- Describe and perform the appropriate tasks for wireless local area network (WLAN) administration
- Setup and verify WAN links and execute the proper methods for connecting to a wide area network
- Implement & support Network Address Translation (NAT) and Access Control Lists (ACLs) in branch office networks
Cisco CCNA Certification Exams
You have two testing options to become CCNA certified: Take the inclusive CCNA combo exam, or take ICND1 (CCENT) and ICND2 individually. Here the current test versions (released in 2016):
- CCNA combo exam: #200-125 CCNA | Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated (CCNA)
- Two separate exams: #100-105 | Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1 v3, CCENT)
and #200-105 | Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2 v3)
|Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching Exam Objectives | 200-125 (CCNA)|
CCNA Exam Format: Cisco certification exams are comprised of multiple testing formats including multiple choice, drag-and-drop, fill-in-the-blank, testlet, simlet, and simulations.
CCNA Time Limit: 200-125 (ICND1 & ICND2) is 90 minutes long.
Exam Length: 200-125 (ICND1 & ICND2) contains 50-60 questions.
Exam Cost: 200-125 (ICND1 & ICND2) costs $325 USD.
Passing Score: Approximately 75% correct; Cisco does not publish exam passing scores because
test questions and passing scores are subject to change without notice
Curriculum is empty